Main Duties and Responsibilities Required of the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- Second line telephone & Remote Desktop technical support of in-house developed software, Server & PC hardware, Windows o/s etc.
- Monitor all incoming customer support calls to the support desk, ensuring all calls are responded to promptly, response/resolutions times adhere to customer specific SLA’s and meet internal KPI’s.
- Escalate appropriate incidents to 3rd line support/Customer Support Supervisor.
- Maintain a knowledge base ensuring any repeat incidents are linked to ‘Known problems’ and monitor to ensure these are escalated to the Customer Support Manager.
- Maintain a ‘Request for change’ database and monitor to highlight common and commercially advantageous RFC’s to the Customer Support Manager.
- Management of engineer’s nationwide, daily organisation of tasks/jobs onsite and scheduling in any agreed maintenance dates at customer sites.
- Assist with in-house build & test of customer systems and release to customer specific requirements following pre-determined technical notes.
- Assist with technical User Acceptance Testing of developed software.
- Creating and updating documentation to ensure that customer information is always up to date and any working procedures created/amended as required.
- At least 2 years proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician preferably within the assisted living or similar alarm receiving centre role sectors
- Competent in building and configuring Windows Servers and Desktops, Linux is desirable
- Excellent understanding of Router installation & VPN configuration and VoIP/SIP telephony
- Familiarity with remote desktop support applications and help desk software, experience of Salesforce Service cloud desirable
- Experience of Server & PC hardware and Windows Operating Systems and a strong understanding of networking
- Experience with SQL Server and sound understanding of SQL DB structure and queries required
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to transfer knowledge effectively.
- Experience and preferably hold certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies
- A well organised, self-starter, able to prioritise and multi-task
If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.