LOCATION – Newbury
SALARY – £40,000 - £55,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + 10% Bonus
We are looking for a Manufacturing / Production Manager on a permanent basis in the Newbury area within the mechanical / automotive manufacturing industry. Your main duties will include participating in continuous improvement projects alongside managing and coaching the production / manufacturing team as well as tackling any issues that occur during manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree or time served as an Manager.
- Previous experience working as a Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing methods.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and other members of management.
- Knowledge of various mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Liaising with other members of management to correct any production issues.
- Carrying out Lean events such as 5S, Kaizen and process improvement techniques.
- Managing day to day activities of the production team.
- Coaching the Production team on increasing efficiency.
- Assuring health and safety obligations are met.