Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Due to an increased workload my client, who specialises in Smoke Control and Fire Detection Systems for the fire safety industry is seeking an experienced CAD Technician to join his team.
You will be working on designs of Smoke Control and Fire Detection Systems. This will cover all areas from initial concept through to final delivery of designs, and supporting the projects teams through installation, commissioning, customer acceptance and the issue of O&M manuals.
The role requires the ability to self-manage workloads and prioritise customer demands whilst working on multiple projects. Good organisational skills are essential along with clear & concise communication skills in both oral and written areas.
- Produce System Design
- Write up Design Specifications.
- Covert System Design into CAD drawings
- Attend handover meetings with Estimating and Projects
- Attend external customer design meetings
- Complete relevant parts of O&M manuals
- Knowledge of mechanical & natural smoke control systems, car park smoke clearance systems and fire detection systems
- Able to use AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Revit, NavisWorks
- Understanding of electrical designs
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Proficiency in Windows 10 environment and Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Technical writing skills.
- Knowledge or understanding of controls theory for fire alarm systems and building services
- FIA Level 3 Fire Detection and Alarm Advanced Designer
- GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths & Sciences
- Further education, A levels, BTEC, degree
If you feel you are suited for this CAD Technician position, then please apply or contact email@example.com.