£45,000 - £50,000
My Clients are currently looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their excellent Design team based in Tameside. The company are acknowledged world-specialists in combustion technology for a wide range of customers and industries. The ideal Design Engineer would be responsible for the design of mechanical components and systems utilising SolidWorks, AutoCad Plant 3D & NAVISWORKS software and a working knowledge of mathematics, physics, and fabrication techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Propose, design, and detail engineering solutions
- Attend site visits for verification/measurement to produce general arrangement/proposal drawings
- Interpret technical requirements of customer specifications and co-ordinate and manage all aspects of each project from development through to production
- Assist in procurement by providing technical specs for the in-house buyers and provide fabrication drawings to sub-contractors.
- Support the Projects and Works departments to ensure all components fit together smoothly and efficiently ensuring compliance with industry regulation
- Carry out investigations into a range of problems or issues and develop and prepare solutions individually, or as a member of a team
- Collaborate with the wider company to continually look for improvement opportunities
Supervisory Responsibilities Responsible for supervision of up to 6 employees.. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering subject
- Proficient in Autocad as well as a 3D modelling package, preferably SolidWorks and/or NAVISWORKS.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Fluent in English to a very high standard and possess strong communication skills, as liaison with clients and colleagues is a large focus within the job.
- Additional languages an advantage
- Organised and possess a high level of administration ability to effectively manage Documentation.
- Experience in an ISO9001 compliant environment or equivalent an advantage