Key Skills Required of the DevOps Engineer:
- Strong understanding of Linux tooling and ecosystem (ideally Debian-based)
- CI/CD processes and tooling (build scripts, Jenkins, etc)
- IAC & Configuration Management (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Statsd, Grafana, Prometheus, etc)
- Immutable infrastructure, containerisation & microservices (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Cloud IaaS experience (ideally GCP or AWS)
- Experience with deployment/administration of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Some programming experience
Key Experience Required of the DevOps Engineer:
- Maintaining quality/security of the solution, keeping up to date with vulnerabilities, and applying patches/upgrades to keep operating systems and software up to date.
- Ensuring monitoring and observability of all services so incidents can be identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Following industry standards, developing own skills, and the skills of the people around them.
- Feeding into potential technical solutions using cloud native services.
- Developing standardised solutions for servers, networks and delivery.
- Maintaining a list of documentation on how to support and maintain all Purple services.
- Liaising with external partners such as cloud providers and resellers.
The successful DevOps Engineer will be paid up to £55,000 per annum.
If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.