£40,000 - £60,000
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Field Service Engineer who is based in Aberdeen. My client is a worldwide business specialising in the design, manufacture and service of critical turbomachinery. Their primary products are centrifugal compressors, steam turbines and other auxiliary systems for rotating equipment. Their products and services are used throughout the world in the oil and gas, refining and petrochemical industries, as well as in other process and power applications. Companies around the world choose my client to design, manufacture, and service their critical turbomachinery. The Field Service Engineer will be travelling around Aberdeen, with frequent travel to Europe, working on and offshore. The Field Service Engineer must have a wealth of experience with centrifugal compressors and steam turbines.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer
- Lead and supervise customer personnel, freelancers and field service representatives in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Centrifugal Compressors and Steam Turbines Onshore and Offshore.
- Directing service representatives to take corrective action for equipment performance problems and troubleshooting activities.
- Working in partnership with the customer and keep them thoroughly informed on the progress, performance, and any potential problems.
- Working with sales department to meet customer demands for spares parts, retrofits, service contracts and new equipment.
- Producing comprehensive service reports and present these back to regional management and the customer.
- Contributing new ideas to enhance company service and overall customer experience.
Qualifications of the Field Service Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Offshore certifications
- Several years’ field experience in the field of turbo machinery and rotating centrifugal compressors in the Oil & Gas industry
- Deep Sea experience working offshore in the North Sea
- Previous experience commissioning, overhauling, maintaining and repairing Steam Turbines and Centrifugal compressors.
- A practical oriented engineer with both supervisory and hands on experience.
- Previous experience writing comprehensive and detailed service reports.
- A proven track record working onsite with customers and leading their personnel during installation, repair and maintenance.
- Willing and able to travel globally and be away from home
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with Adele Lewis at Premier Engineering.
0161 871 8811
Alternatively, if this isn’t the job for you, we offer up to £500 if we successfully place referrals!