LOCATION - Didcot
TERM - Permanent
SALARY - £30,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits (dependent on experience)
My client – a multi award winning space technology business is working for a Mechanical Engineer to work within the Projects department and contribute to Design, Analysis and Manufacture of their Product Range.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, HNC, NVQ etc) or similar discipline (Aerospace, Space Studies, etc)
- Experience in development of Aerospace Structures or Components from concept stage through detailed design and manufacture.
- Confidence in the use of 3D CAD software’s; preferably SolidWorks although others will be considered
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Being involved in concept design through to production
- Using SolidWorks on a daily basis
- Working within the existing Engineering team, taking lead in certain instances
- Producing bills of materials and documentation in order to provide the correct manufacturing components
- Meeting deadlines effectively