Mechanical Design Engineer
£28,000 - £35,000
We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a successful and busy team in the manufacturing industry. The correct candidate will be responsible for the design, drawing and development of new products whilst maintaining existing products. The Mechanical Design Engineer must be proficient in the work they do and will liaise with the managing director to ensure the smooth running of designs and production whilst picking up on any problems that occur.
This fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer is on a permanent basis located in Oldham, Manchester offering real progression and a competitive salary. The sectors the company develop in are air conditioning, automotive and transport, cabinets, consumer goods, industrial, infrastructure and lighting.
Duties will include:
- To liaise with shop floor supervisors to point out potential issues with the quality of products through the production process.
- To be responsible for the preparation of materials, design and assembly.
- Carrying out the design process for new and existing products.
- Using initiative for the design of potential new products.
- Carrying out reports of all work done.
- Identifying different opportunities to reduce cost.
- Assisting managers with any issues that arise through development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to really buckle down into a company that will give them a career with major progression available.
They are looking for immediate starters so please if you feel you have the skill set required for the position please contact myself Elliot Barker by attaching your CV to this application, or by calling the Manchester office on 01618718811 .