As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing adaptations to the sample preparation equipment and scientific instruments to support in the pharmaceutical industry. The correct mechanical design engineer will be proficient in their work and will also liaise with the production team to see that concept is accurate to go through to production.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity. You will be working from home for the next 8 – 12 weeks, then with business as usual you will be based in the Warrington office. It is crucial for mechanical design engineers to really help the UK now with everything currently going on.
- Progressing designs solutions from concept through to detailed design
- Employ classic or numerical analyses to substantiate design activities, ensuring that detailed designs are appropriately validated
- Production of technical specifications and tender documentation as required by the projects, and of technical reports, notes and journal/conference papers where required
- Proactively seek to elaborate design requirements and define interfaces where these are design-driving, working to and maintaining established procedures
- Experience in mechanism design and use of 3D CAD Solidworks and PDM
- Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculations
- Competence in generating technical documents and specifications
- Good working knowledge of structural and thermal engineering, solid mechanics and engineering materials
- Ability to work as part of a team and from home