SALARY- £30,000 to £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Premier Engineering are looking for a Systems Engineer who is familiar with miscellaneous engineering disciplines including: electronics; software; mechanical and manufacturing. And although expertise in these areas is not expected, a working knowledge is deemed essential.
The opening is working within a rapidly expanding company in Bedford.
- Interact with Project Management functions and participate fully in the generation of plans and monitoring of their progress.
- Perform analytical assessment of the site in terms of FMEA; reliability analysis; etc.
- Review telemetry and data gathered from operational equipment to understand performance.
- Propose and justify spares inventories for new and legacy equipment.
- Take engineering ownership of entire projects such as the refurbishment of significant plant assets.
- Author documentation such as Work Instructions, procedures, user manuals and suchlike.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or closely related subject.
- Industrial experience (2+ years).
- Highly numerate and confident with analytical methods.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industrial machinery.
- Understanding of industrial drawings, technical datasheets and other data sources.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret and apply industry standards and legislative requirements.
- PC literate with the ability to learn to operate software beyond the basic word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- Able to work under little supervision and plan own work to ensure key milestones are met.
- Results focused, well organised with strong interpersonal skills and a mature sensibility.
- A team player who is prepared to adapt and apply themselves to all manner of tasks at hand.
- Happy to take the lead in determining the best solutions to problems and then driving those solutions to completion.
- Imaginative and creative with good problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in and around large machinery and get involved with the physical work.
- Persistent and determined to succeed; an all-rounder who is happy to learn new skills.
- Readily adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Able and willing to work in parts of the site with physically limited access.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to accept tasks outside this job description.