£40,000 - £45,000
My client is a small and friendly company with exciting expansion plans, right now with the recruitment of at least one more experienced full-time developer. My client specialise in more complex web programming. Some of their clients are small web designers who need bespoke programming services for their clients, and some are large companies and Universities outsourcing their web development.
The PHP Developer will be a member of the team from day one and will share the workload. There are a variety of project opportunities. As this is a mid/senior position, the PHP Developer would be expected to be fee-earning from the start, with encouragement to take a little time out to keep abreast with new technologies. The PHP Developer will be champion on your own customer projects and have the confidence to speak directly to clients to discuss requirements and progress, and also offer support. It also may be necessary to meet clients, and in some cases, clients’ clients.
The PHP Developer will have flexible working hours. There is casual dress in the office except when meeting clients. Subsequent to any probation period the PHP Developer would be entitled to join the company’s private health care scheme. Due to the nature of some of the clients, the PHP Developer will be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement immediately upon starting work, and undergo various identity and criminal checks, including providing references.
- Fully proficient in PHP – Procedural and OO
- Experience of OO and MVC techniques
- Competent with MySQL, and experience of large datasets
- Proven abilities with front-end web technologies
- Produce responsive websites
- Understand cross-browser issues and workarounds
A working knowledge of the following items is desirable
- Knowledge of Zend or similar Frameworks
- Knowledge of Angular 2+
- Laravel experience
- A competitive salary
- A great working environment and colleagues
- Modern office with parking and next to train station
- Private health insurance
- Various staff schemes including cycle, IT equipment purchases etc.
- Occasional staff outings
- Annual bonus scheme currently being reviewed