LOCATION – Bedfordshire
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £25,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Production Engineer on a permanent basis in Bedfordshire with experience in machining, turning and milling manufacturing methods. This will be for an mechanical manufacturing company in the industrial sector.
The Production Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant technical position.
- Working experience of manufacturing / production engineer in a machining environment.
- Be able to determine manufacturing methods of new product introductions and manufacturing time taken.
- Be responsible for the introduction of new machine tools.
- Able to design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working within an ISO9001 working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as team.
- Responsibility of all CNC machine programs using CAM systems.
- Produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Train staff on introduced or updated processes.
- Liaise with other departments to help improve efficiency of the manufacturing processes.
- Lead the introduction of new machine tools.