Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
My client is a specialist engineering company who design, develop and manufacture bespoke engineering products and solutions to a great number of Engineering Sectors, and they are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis at their site based in Derby.
The Senior Design Engineer candidate will have the following attributes:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience in a responsible mechanical engineering position
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Good understating of Fabrication design details
- Experience with either Autodesk Inventor, Master series or MathCAD.
- 5 years’ experience as a minimum
- Knowledge of acoustic and noise control principles (desirable)
- To design a wide range of bespoke products ensuring compliance with client specifications
- To work independently or as part of a team to develop new or existing products that meet the mechanical technical requirements of form, fit and function.
- Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes.
- Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable production of detail design definition drawings.
- To Provide a point of contact for support and advice to other members of the design team and across the company as a whole