Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
My client is a specialist engineering company who specialise in the design, development and manufacture of special purpose machinery and solutions for a range of engineering sectors and they are on the lookout for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Nottinghamshire.
The ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following qualities:
- Experience on producing and preparing engineering calculations.
- Experience in producing engineering documentation.
- Gas Turbine and/or Structual Steel Design.
- Experience on the design of a range of bespoke products and solutions.
- Able to handle multiple engineering projects at any given time.
- Able to produce Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Background within Fabrication and sheet metals
- Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes
- Perform concept and detail design work applying acoustic, dynamic, mechanical, and thermo-fluid principles to generate optimum customer solutions
- Participate in research and development activities
- Take on Role as lead Engineer on larger contracts and oversee team of Design Engineers assigned to said contract.
- To identify and implement improvement initiatives, including design and process, within the department and the business as a whole