£40,000 - £55,000+ DOE
My client, a leading insurance company, have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Software Development Manager to join their award-winning team, based in York. This position would be ideal for a Software Development Manager who has experience managing multiple projects within consolidating departments and would thrive in an environment with exciting future transformation and development projects to come. The ideal Software Development Manager will have excellent communication skills, proven ability to manage teams of software engineers and have an excellent technical understanding of the whole development lifecycle. The Software Development Manager should have experience working within an agile or waterfall methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting developers
- Keeping up to date with the latest market trends/ technologies
- Project management – implementation through to management and end user support
- Management/ recommendations to improve current website platforms
- Co-ordination and management of software development teams (Medium sized team)
- Data security
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Hands on development experience
- Experience working on a range of different size projects
- Good understanding of technical systems
- Proven ability to understand and interpret emerging technologies and integrate them into the business
- Analyse raw data, and make appropriate recommendations
- Experience with project management software
- Excellent understanding of open-source technologies
- Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Must be able to drive/ have own transport
In return, my client is offering a great benefits package including, but not limited to, flexible working hours, casual work wear, pension scheme, on-site gym and a relaxed working environment.
If you are an Software Development Manager looking for a new, exciting opportunity to join a thriving business as they expand due to growth, with lots of exciting projects in the pipeline, then please apply directly or get in touch on 01618 718 811 .
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to discuss the position further.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.