LOCATION - Cheltenham
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – Competitive, plus outstanding bonus scheme (dependent on experience)
My client – an industry leading manufacturer and supplier to the Defence and Aerospace sectors are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to lead supply chain strategy for their operation on a permanent basis in Cheltenham.
The Supply Chain Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- Experience in previous Senior Supply Chain Management or Procurement roles.
- Background in outlining direction for product family purchase strategies.
- Experience in management of multiple supplier relationships, working towards deliverable KPIs to deliver increased profitability.
- History of working within Aerospace or Defence industries would be preferable.
- The ability to lead a team of direct reports with a focus on development and growth within the business.
- Excellent communication skills
The Supply Chain Manager’s duties will involve:
- Agreeing long term strategic partnerships with key suppliers.
- Creating sourcing strategies and frameworks to drive a sustainable and profitable approach within the organisation.
- Creating a culture of continuous development and a succession plan within the department.
- Conducting business reviews quarterly, to assess performance and outline opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.